Aerosport starts by producing a master pattern exactly like the outside of the desired part. The part is then finished to the desired finish/texture.
• Provide precision and premium plastic prototypes.
• Are used to assist engineering design before hard tool.
• Offer low cost tooling, allowing easy modification.
• Reduce time to market.
• Are used to evaluate potential markets.
• Assist in UL approval and in-house testing.
• Offer aesthetic application where appearance is critical.
• Are used in sales presentation and marketing shows.
Delivery of part(s) usually in 1-2 weeks.
After the master is complete, a silicone mold is created. Once the mold is created, Aerosport fills the mold with the correct amount of material to achieve the desired wall thickness and the mold is rotated in two different axes for a desired amount of time.
There are a wide variety of materials available. Materials can simulate HDPE, ABS, Nylon, PC, Styrene and TPE Shore A materials. Hardness ranges from 20 Shore A to 90 Shore D materials.
Urethanes molded in Shore A Durometer and color Aerosport also offers Fire retardant prototypes cast in UL94V0 rated urethanes.
MCP Vacuum Casting
Worldwide, the most widely used process for replicated Rapid Prototyping Models.
German engineered the MCP vacuum casting system can run parts as large as 30x35x30 inches.
Max. Mold Size (HxWxD) in
14lbs. / 6.5 Kg